9.2.01. wind flow analysis
GHWind is a Fast Fluid Dynamics (FFD) Wind Simulation plugin.
1. Define a 3D domain area to carry out the analysis
2. Define the resolution of the analysis with a cell size input
3. Input the mesh for analysis
4. Define the discrete mesh for the solver
5. Define the wind properties including wind speed and terrain conditions
6. Run the solver using a Boolean toggle
7. Display the wind field: you can adjust the xyz toggle and section slider to preview a specific section plane on specific axis
8. Display the wind pressure on the input mesh surface
This exercise is using Grasshopper version 1.0.0007
Christoph Waibel, GH wind, https://github.com/christophwaibel/GH_Wind, Accessed August 6, 2020.