8.1.16. tensegrity simulator
This exercise simulates a tensegrity system with cables under tension and sticks under compression.
1. Use pipeline to extract all curves / points drawn on the respective layers.
2. Break the tension curves into sub-curves to simulate a chain-like behaviour
3. Apply length constraint onto the sticks with its original length
4. Apply a gravity force onto the stick-ends
5. Apply length constraint onto the cable segments with 0.9 of its original length to create tension
6. Apply a gravity force onto the ends of the cable segments
7. Control the paths of the input data by splitting compression from tension elements with two show components
8. Extract the processed data and pipe the compression elements
This exercise is using Grasshopper version 1.0.0007
References: Daniel Piker, Kangaroo Physics (by Daniel Piker), https://www.food4rhino.com/app/kangaroo-physics, Accessed August 6, 2020