4.1.01. fluid simulation
FlexHopper offers very fast, particle-based physics simulation, allowing simulation of fluids, rigid and soft bodies, textile and spring systems, and inflatables to which collision geometry and/or custom constraints can be added.
1. Define the starting particles and its nature
2. Defining planes as wall to contain the particles
3. Setup the parameter on particle performance including particle radius, collision performance, viscosity, surface tension, etc.
4. Define the steps of processing per time
5. Connect the required data to the solver and run
6. The result particles are displayed as point cloud
This exercise is using Grasshopper version 1.0.0007
References: Heinz Benjamin, FlexHopper (by Pennjamin), https://www.food4rhino.com/app/flexhopper, Accessed August 6, 2020.